Tuesday, Aug. 30, 2022
10-10:30 a.m. EST; 7-7:30 a.m. PST
Colleen Deighan, RHIA, CCS, CCDS-O
Meg DeVoe, CCS; Timothy Powell, CPA; Erica Remer, MD, CCD; John Zelem, MD, FACS; Steven Moffic, MD
The American Medical Association (AMA) revised the criteria for evaluation and management (E&M) services for the Office Visit categories of New and Established patients. For 2023, similar revisions have been approved for the remainder of the E&M section. Revisions were also made to services for emergency, observation, inpatient, consultations, nursing, home and residence and prolonged care.
During the next live edition of Talk Ten Tuesday, Colleen Deighan, senior consultant with 3M, will begin her first in a multi-series of reports, sharing key revisions and identifying important steps for preparing physicians and coding staff for success.
Other segments during the live broadcast include the following:
- Coding Report: Meg DeVoe, senior product manager for TruCode, and who will be substituting for Laurie Johnson, will report on the latest coding news.
- Mental Health Report: Internationally renowned psychiatrist H. Steven Moffic reports on the nation’s state of mental health, noting a slightly optimist job satisfaction among America’s psychiatrists.
- News Desk: Timothy Powell, CPA will anchor the Talk Ten Tuesdays News Desk.
- Journaling John: John Zelem, MD, FACS, founder and CEO for Streamline Solutions Consulting, will continue with his journal entry.
- TalkBack: Erica Remer,MD, founder and president of Erica Remer, MD, Inc. and Talk Ten Tuesdays co-host, will report on a subject that has caught her attention during her popular segment.