Tuesday, Sept. 20, 2022
10-10:30 a.m. EST; 7-7:30 a.m. PST
Karen George, Esq.
Gloryanne Bryant, RHIA, CDIP, CCS, CCDS, AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
Colleen Deighan, RHIA, CCS, CCDS-O; Cheryl Ericson, RN, MS, CCDS, CDIP; Laurie M. Johnson, MS,RHIA, FAHIMA, AHIMA-Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer; Timothy Powell, CPA; John Zelem, MD, FACS
Hospital inpatient denials continue at a furious pace.
And there is strong evidence of a pattern of denied claims with a principal or secondary diagnosis of sepsis, a principal or secondary diagnosis of acute respiratory failure and denied hospital inpatient claims with the secondary diagnosis of malnutrition. When it comes to denials for a diagnosis of malnutrition, there appears to an additional focus on ICD-10-CM code of E43 Unspecified Severe Protein-Calorie Malnutrition.
Finding the root cause of the denial and then identifying solutions is the direction to improve compliance and obtain accurate patient severity data and reimbursement, as you will learn from national coding expert Gloryanne Bryant during the next live edition of Talk Ten Tuesdays.
Other segments during the live broadcast include the following:
- Coding Report: Laurie Johnson, senior healthcare consultant with Revenue Cycle Solutions, LLC, will report on the latest coding news.
- E&M Update: Senior healthcare consultant Colleen Deighan with 3M Health, continues her series on the updates to E&M codes for 2023.
- CDI Report: Cheryl Ericson, a recognized clinical documentation integrity (CDI) subject matter expert will report on clinical validation denials.
- News Desk: Timothy Powell, CPA will anchor the Talk Ten Tuesdays News Desk.
- Journaling John: John Zelem, MD, FACS, founder and CEO for Streamline Solutions Consulting, will continue with his journal entry.
- TalkBack: Erica Remer,MD, founder and president of Erica Remer, MD, Inc., and Talk Ten Tuesdays co-host, will report on a subject that has caught her attention during her popular segment.