Tuesday, October 26, 2021
10-10:30 a.m. EST; 7-7:30 a.m. PST
Timothy Powell, CPA, CHCP, Laurie M. Johnson, MS, RHIA, FAHIMA, AHIMA-Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer, Kristi Pollard, RHIT, CCS, CPC, CIRCC, AHIMA-Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer, Susan Gatehouse, RHIT, CCS, CPC, AHIMA-Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer, Colleen Deighan, RHIA, CCS, CCD-O, Rose T. Dunn, MBA, RHIA, CPA , FACHE
Outpatient CDI expert Colleen Deighan will return to the next edition of Talk Ten Tuesdays to continue her popular series on a subject that continues to generate listener interest and questions.
Deighan will also conduct a listener’s survey during the weekly Internet radio broadcast. When healthcare organizations are considering, planning, or beginning efforts directed toward documentation integrity in the outpatient setting, Hierarchical Condition Categories (HCCs) are a key focus. Deighan will also discuss what to consider when determining the timing of your HCC review, top HCC category specifics, and best practices for compliant HCC reporting.
The live broadcast will also feature these other segments:
- Special Series: Maternal Morbidity and Mortality: Senior healthcare consultant Kristi Pollard, Director of Coding Quality and Education for the Haugen Consulting Group, will continue her four-part series, reporting how coded data is being used by the Alliance for Innovation on Maternal Health (AIM) to improve maternal outcomes.
- The Coding Report: Laurie Johnson will report on the latest coding news.
- The Dunn Report: Rose T. Dunn, a past president and former CEO of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), will report that ED-level denials are mounting everywhere, and payers are using AI and applying their own criteria.
- News Desk: Timothy Powell, compliance expert and ICD10monitor national correspondent, will anchor the Talk-Ten-Tuesdays News Desk.
- Point of View: Susan Gatehouse, founder and CEO of Axea Solutions, will be substituting for Erica Remer, MD. Gatehouse will provide context and commentary on a subject that has caught her attention during a recent edition of the segment.