Tuesday, Sept. 27, 2022
10-10:30 a.m. EST; 7-7:30 a.m. PST
Colleen Deighan, RHIA, CCS, CCDS-O
Karen George, Esq.; Laurie M. Johnson, MS,RHIA, FAHIMA, AHIMA-Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer; Timothy Powell, CPA; H. Steven Moffic, MD; Erica Remer, MD, CCD
The American Medical Association (AMA) has announced significant revisions to Evaluation and Management (E&M) services for 2023. Consultations, inpatient and outpatient consultations, are two of the E&M categories being revised for Jan. 1, 2023. The revisions made to consultations include code deletions, revision to the criteria for E&M level selection and additions to the guidelines. Reporting our lead story during the next live edition of Talk Ten Tuesdays will be Colleen Deighan, senior consultant with 3M.
Other segments during the live broadcast include the following:
- Coding Report: Laurie Johnson, senior healthcare consultant with Revenue Cycle Solutions, LLC, will report on the latest coding news.
- Mental Health Report: Internationally renowned psychiatrist Dr. H. Steven Moffic returns to the broadcast with an update on burnout—this in advance of National Depression Month in October, which follows September’s Suicide Awareness Month.
- Talk Law: Healthcare attorney Karen George with the law firm of Buchalter, continues her series on the intersection of healthcare and the law.
- News Desk: Timothy Powell, CPA, will anchor the Talk Ten Tuesdays News Desk.
- TalkBack: Erica Remer,MD, founder and president of Erica Remer, MD, Inc., and Talk Ten Tuesdays co-host, will report on a subject that has caught her attention during her popular segment.