Tuesday, Aug. 23, 2022
10-10:30 a.m. EST; 7-7:30 a.m. PST
Terry Fletcher BS, CPC, CCC, CEMC, CCS, CCS-P, CMC, CMCSC, CMCS, ACS-CA, SCP-CA, QMC
Karen George, Esq.
Laurie M. Johnson, MS,RHIA, FAHIMA, AHIMA-Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer; Timothy Powell, CPA; Erica Remer, MD, CCD; John Zelem, MD, FACS
Are you a healthcare telecommuter? Is your workspace HIPAA compliant?
While there are advantages of working remotely, there’s a monstrous risk for those who are obligated to comply with HIPAA: keeping patients’ protected health information (PHI) protected.
Not convinced it’s a big deal? The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has the authority to levy hefty financial penalties when entities fail to properly manage their telecommuters’ access and protection of PHI.
During the next live edition of Talk Ten Tuesdays, nationally recognized professional coder, auditor and consultant Terry Fletcher, will give you some “check-lists” to make sure your remote workers, or telecommuters are compliant, along with some examples of violations as well as compliance policies from OSHA.
Other segments during the live broadcast include the following:
- Coding Report: Laurie Johnson, senior healthcare consultant with Revenue Cycle Solutions, LLC will report on the latest coding news.
- Talk Law: Karen George, an attorney at Buchalter in Los Angeles, and a member of the firm’s health care practice group, will report on the recent Special Fraud Alert issued by the HHS Office of Inspector General concerning provider arrangements with telehealth companies.
- News Desk: Timothy Powell, CPA will anchor the Talk Ten Tuesdays News Desk.
- Journaling John: John Zelem, MD, FACS, founder and CEO for Streamline Solutions Consulting, will continue with his journal entry.
- TalkBack: Erica Remer,MD, founder and president of Erica Remer, MD, Inc. and Talk Ten Tuesdays co-host, will report on a subject that has caught her attention during her popular segment.