Tuesday, April 26, 2022
10-10:30 a.m. EST; 7-7:30 a.m. PST
H. Steven Moffic, MD
Brianna J. Santolli, Esq.
Terry Fletcher, BS, CPC, CCC, CEMC, CCS, CCS-P, CMC, CMSCS, ACS-CA, SCP-CA, QMGC, QMCRC, QMPM; Susan Gatehouse, RHIT, CCS, CPC, AHIMA-Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer; Erica Remer, MD, CCDS; and John Zelem, MD
A tragic milestone is about to be reached, bringing with it the potential to wreak havoc on America’s crumbling mental health infrastructure: the United States is poised to record one million deaths caused by the deadly coronavirus pandemic.
Collateral damage created by these deaths could likely be compounded by hundreds of thousands grieving the loss of loved ones and suffering from the new DSM-official condition: prolonged grief disorder. The number of potential grievers could be approximately 360,000 individuals – a staggering number, whose grieving could overwhelm an already frail mental health system.
Providing context and commentary to this imminent mental health crisis during the next edition of Talk Ten Tuesdays will be Dr. H. Steven Moffic, an award-winning psychiatrist, prolific writer, and speaker.
The live broadcast will also feature these other segments:
- Talk Law: ICD10monitor and Talk Ten Tuesday launch a new segment called, “Talk Law,” featuring Brianna J. Santolli, Esq., a healthcare and litigation attorney with Riker Danzig Scherer Hyland & Perretti LLP.
- Tuesday Focus: Barostim Heart Failure: Susan Gatehouse, founder and CEO for Axea Solutions, will report on the proper procedural and coding training to ensure accurate reimbursement.
- News Update: Health Equity: A recent JAMA study shows that more than 50 percent of Black women over the age of 20 have high blood pressure. Nationally recognized healthcare consultant, Terry Fletcher, will report on what the AMA is doing to give Black women the resources they need to tackle this health issues, but also, understanding why it is important to service not only the majority, but the minority when it comes to healthcare equity.
- News Desk: Dr. John Zelem, founder and CEO of Streamline Solutions Consulting, will return to anchor the Talk Ten Tuesdays News Desk.
- TalkBack: Erica Remer,MD, founder and president of Erica Remer, MD, Inc. and Talk Ten Tuesdays co-host, will report on a subject that has caught her attention during her popular segment.