Tuesday, June 28, 2022
10-10:30 a.m. EST; 7-7:30 a.m. PST
Patient Financial Services Administrator
Montefiore Nyack Hospital
Terry Fletcher, BS, CPC, CCC, CEMC, CCS, CCS-P, CMC, CMSCS, ACS-CA, SCP-CA, QMGC, QMCRC, QMPM; Laurie M. Johnson, MS,RHIA, FAHIMA, AHIMA-Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer; Timothy Powell, CPA; H. Steven Moffic, MD; Erica Remer, MD, CCDS; and John Zelem, MD, FACS
Gas prices are heading straight to the stratosphere. Inflation is the elephant in the room. And there’s a growing concern in Medicare when it comes to physician payments. Here’s why: Medicare cuts are pending, including the PAYGO 4 percent, starting in 2023.
What’s more, deductions from reinstated sequestrations are on the rise. There’s also an expected lowering of the 2023 conversion factor, the possible ending of the public health emergency (PHE) windfall of telehealth payment parity, as well as MedPac saying that a physician raise generally is not necessary. So, the burning question: where is all the money going from Medicare?
For an exclusive backgrounder on this timely and worrisome topic, register now to listen to the next live edition of Talk Ten Tuesdays. That’s when nationally recognized physician coder, auditor, and consultant Terry Fletcher will have insight and perspective on the potential impact on your practice, moving forward.
The live broadcast will also feature these other segments:
- Coding Report: Laurie Johnson, senior healthcare consultant with Revenue Cycle Solutions, LLC will report on the latest coding news.
- Mental Health Report: Internationally recognized and award-winning psychiatrist H. Steven Moffic, MD, will begin a new series on mental health. His focus this Tuesday will be on PTSD, a particularly relevant segment given that June is PTSD Awareness Month.
- News Desk: Timothy Powell, CPA, a consultant with Besler, will anchor the Talk-Ten-Tuesdays News Desk.
- Journaling John: John Zelem, MD, FACS, founder and CEO for Streamline Solutions Consulting, will continue with his second journal entry in this new segment.
- TalkBack: Erica Remer,MD, founder and president of Erica Remer, MD, Inc. and Talk-Ten-Tuesdays co-host, will report on a subject that has caught her attention during her popular segment.
Sitting in for executive producer and program host Chuck Buck will be Dennis Jones.