Tuesday, April 5, 2022
10-10:30 a.m. EST; 7-7:30 a.m. PST
Lorraine Fernandes, RHIA
President, IFHIMA, 2019-2022
Terry A. Fletcher, BS, CPC, CCC, CEMC, CCS, CCS-P, CMC, CMSCS, ACS-CA, SCP-CA, QMGC, QMCRC, QMPM; Laurie M. Johnson, MS,RHIA, FAHIMA, AHIMA-Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer; Stanley Nachimson, MS; Erica Remer, MD, CCDS; and John Zelem, MD, FACS
Thursday, April 7, 2022, is designated as World Health Day by the World Health Organization (WHO). And in a fitting preamble to this annual event, ICD10monitor and Talk Ten Tuesdays will feature a special guest: International Federation of Health Information Association (IFIMA) President Lorraine Fernandes, who will release an official statement by her organization in support of the implementation of ICD-11.
In her prepared remarks, Fernandes will discuss the importance of ICD-11 relative to an estimated 25,000 petabytes of healthcare data generated worldwide in 2021 – and how, through ICD-11, this data holds tremendous promise for meeting the WHO’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of better health for all. She will also note that ICD-11 will standardize and structure health data so it can be leveraged by technology to help reduce healthcare costs, improve outcomes, and increase universal access to healthcare.
The live broadcast will also feature these other segments:
- Coding Report: Laurie Johnson, senior healthcare consultant with Revenue Cycle Solutions, LLC, will report on the latest coding news.
- Tuesday Focus: Prior Authorizations: Nationally recognized physician coder, auditor, educator, and author Terry Fletcher, will report on the latest developments occurring with a contentious topic.
- RegWatch: Stanley Nachimson, former Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) career professional-turned-well-known healthcare IT authority, will report on the latest regulatory news coming out of Washington, D.C.
- News Desk: John Zelem, founder and president of Streamline Solutions Consulting, will anchor the Talk-Ten-Tuesdays News Desk.
- TalkBack: Erica Remer,MD, founder and president of Erica Remer, MD, Inc. and Talk-Ten-Tuesdays co-host, will report on a subject that has caught her attention during her popular segment.